Get slim thighs, gorgeous glutes, and legs for days with these 4 simple lower-body exercises.
1. Ice Skater
Targets: Abs, lower back, hips, butt, and outer thighs
Do 12 to 15 reps; repeat on opposite side.
- Stand with feet a little less than shoulder-width apart, arms extended, holding the back of a chair for support.
- Keeping abs engaged, bend left knee slightly while extending right leg to right side, toes pointing toward floor and rotated outward.
- Bring right leg behind left leg as far as possible without touching floor, bending left leg; contract inner thigh.
2. Lunge Hinge
Targets: Lower back, abs, hamstrings, and quads
Do 12 to 15 reps per side.
- Stand about 3 feet in front of a step, holding dumbbells with palms facing body.
- Lunge back, placing right foot on step; bend both knees 90 degrees, keeping left knee aligned with left ankle.
- Stand up, squeezing glutes.
- Hinge forward from hips, extending right leg behind you parallel to floor; lower hands toward knees.
- Push through left heel to return to standing; lower leg and repeat.
Click here for more lower body exercises from Fitness Magazine!
Related Articles From Fitness Magazine:
What exercises do you do to keep your legs looking great? Which of these will you try?