Using a slow cooker is like magic: pour in the ingredients, set the heat level and get on with your day, while dinner cooks itself. Chicken is one of my favorite ingredients to use in a slow cooker, since it’s a flavorful source of lean protein and requires little effort to cook. These are some of SparkPeople’s favorite slow cooker chicken recipes.
2. Chef Meg's Slow Cooker Provencal Chicken and Beans: This is a great recipe to use as a basis for plenty of meals!
3. Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken: This low-sodium, veggie-packed dish is one of the most popular on SparkRecipes.
4. Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken: Six ingredients, five minutes of hands-on cooking and dinner is served!
5. Slow Cooker Chicken Stew: Chicken, mushrooms, veggies and a medley of spices make this a can't-miss, hassle-free dinner.
6. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup: Top with a bit of cheese, avocado or your veggies of choice.
7. Slow Cooker Taco Soup: Next time you're craving tacos, think outside the shell.
8. Chicken Enchilada-Style for the Slow Cooker: Serve with brown rice and black beans for a meal that's high on flavor, not on fat.
9. Zesty Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken: Add a tantalizing twist to traditional BBQ chicken. The sauce does double-duty as a baked potato topper.
10. Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Gumbo: Simple yet delicious, this comfort food will have the whole family coming back for seconds.
11. Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore: Tomato lovers, meet your new weeknight go-to dish!
12. Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken: A tasty, spicy meal with only 10 minutes of prep time!
13. Easy Slow Cooker Lemony Garlic Chicken Breast: Tasty and nutritious, this slow cooker recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
14. Slow Cooker Sour Cream and Onion Chicken: This slow-cooked baked chicken in a creamy onion sauce is fast, easy to prepare and tastes great.
What chicken recipes do you prepare in the slow cooker?
For more healthy recipes, subscribe to SparkPeople's Recipe of the Day email.