Hey, dailySpark readers, it’s Anne again from the food and fitness blog fANNEtastic food! In my first guest post I shared my tips for packing a healthy lunch in five minutes flat, and today, in honor of summer, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite tips for staying healthy while traveling!
Tip #1: HYDRATE!
And lastly: don’t worry too much--just stay active and enjoy the trip!
- Bring a reusable water bottle so you always have water handy (for free!). Mine comes with me everywhere! If flying, bring it through security empty and fill it up on the other side.
Tip #2: MULTITASK!
- Walking and running are the best ways to see new cities and get a great workout in at the same time. Plan a morning run or walk to all the sights throughout the day!
- I also love renting a bike when in a new city to explore (don’t forget the helmet!)
Tip #3: PLAN AHEAD!
- Pack lots of snacks so you can stay healthy in between meals.
- If you’re driving, pack food for the day you’re driving. If you’re on a longer trip, hit a grocery store for breakfast and lunch food.
- Pick one “splurge” meal for the day. I usually stick with healthier food for breakfast and lunch and indulge a bit more at dinner when traveling.
- My favorite packables:
- Bars (Kashi granola bars, Larabars, etc.)
- Homemade trail mix or almonds
- Fresh fruit (bananas, apples, etc.) or dried fruit
- Baggies of pre-portioned oatmeal (with cinnamon, raisins, etc.) and cereal to supplement hotel breakfasts
- Almond butter packets!
Tip #4: WORK IT!
- Take advantage of hotel gyms.
- Bring resistance bands, a jump rope, printable workout moves, or exercise DVDs.
- Always take the stairs.
For delicious recipes, fitness motivation, and more great tips for staying healthy, check out Anne’s blog: fANNEtasticfood.com!
What are your favorite tips for staying healthy while traveling?
You will earn 5 SparkPoints