The possibilities are endless! Do you think you could give it a try, just for one week? According to a follow-up survey, 80% of TV-Turnoff participants said they altered their viewing habits and now watch less TV. You'll be amazed how a little less TV can have a big impact on you and your family.
- Get active! Think you don't have time to exercise? Here?s your opportunity!
- Make it a family event! Take the kids out for a walk, ride bikes, learn a new sport, go canoeing, etc.
- Read a book or magazine
- Go to bed earlier and get your recommended 7-8 hours of sleep
- Start that new hobby you've been wanting to try
- Cook dinner for your family and enjoy it together at the table
- Volunteer at your local church or community center
- Start a vegetable garden or plant flowers
- Take a class- drawing, woodworking, sewing- whatever interests you
- Take a trip to the grocery store. Without the usual rush, take the time to compare labels, find new foods, and stock up on fresh fruits, veggies and healthy snacks.
- Write a letter to someone you haven't seen in awhile
- Spend more time with your pet! Go for a walk or play a game of Frisbee.
- Prepare healthy bag lunches for the family.
For more information on TV-Turnoff Week, visit: www.TVTurnOff.org