An apple a day doesn't just keep the doctor away. It also boosts your exercise endurance, gives you more satisfaction for the calorie and keeps you feeling fuller longer—all bringing you closer to your weight loss goals. While you could just toss a whole apple into your lunch, there are plenty of more ingenious and appetizing ways to work this fruit phenom into your diet on the daily.
- Vanilla Porridge with Honeyed Apples: There's nothing like the warm, stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction of porridge on a chilly morning—especially when it's topped with tender, honey-glazed apples.
- Apple and Oat Blackberry Jam Thumbprint Breakfast Cookies: Fruit serves as a natural sweetener in these gluten-free, oat-based morning miracles.
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cake: Forget the sugar and butter—this flourless breakfast pastry gets its sweetness from applesauce and cinnamon.
- Baked Apple French Toast: Prepare this sweet, satisfying meal ahead of time and let the flavors settle overnight.
- Healthy Single Serve Caramel Apple Breakfast Dip: It's like having dessert for breakfast without the guilt! This perfectly portioned caramel apple dip is high in protein, low in carbs and vegan-friendly.
- Butternut Squash Hash with Apples, Sausage and Kale: This hearty blend of meat, vegetables and fruit kick-starts the day with a blast of protein, antioxidants and great taste.
Snacks, Sides and Appetizers
- Apple Pie Protein Bars: Recovery has never been so delicious. These perfectly portable bars offer all the tantalizing taste of apple pie, but have a fraction of the calories and 10 grams of protein.
- Spiced Baked Apple Chips: Potato chips will be but a distant memory when you try these healthy--yet way more delicious--alternatives. Simply slice, spice, bake and enjoy!
- Easy Baked Apples with Cinnamon Nut Stuffing: Cored apples are stuffed with a mouthwatering mix of nuts, raisins, cinnamon and sugar for a wonderfully warm winter treat.
- Apple Pico de Gallo: Ambrosia apples, honey-roasted grapes and cranberries, pecans, green onions and sunflower seeds combine to create a sweet and savory fruit salsa that pairs nicely with baked tortilla chips.
- Craisin Walnut Tuna Salad on Apples: Healthy snacking has never been easier. Apple slices are a smart swap for crackers with this protein-packed finger food.
- Cozy Cinnamon Applesauce: After trying this smooth, homemade version, you'll never want to go back to the store-bought variety.
Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Sausage, Squash and Apple Bake: Soft squash, meaty sausage and sweet apple combine in this flavorful and satisfying baked dish, which is also gluten- and dairy-free.
- Vegan Red Lentil Apple Soup: The perfect fusion of fruit and veggie, this hearty soup is steeped with delicious spices that will fill your home with an appetizing aroma.
- Apple, Walnut and Gorgonzola Stuffed Pork Chops: A traditional American dish enjoys a tantalizing twist with the addition of an apple, walnut and gorgonzola stuffing.
- Apple Spinach Salad: Crisp sliced apples, nuts and cheese adorn a bed of fresh baby spinach, tossed with vinaigrette for a flavorful and filling salad. Experiment with other ingredients to make it your own.
- Fall Chicken Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Pecans: The tartness of the apples pairs beautifully with the crunchy pecans and sweet cranberries. Spread it on whole wheat bread or in a lettuce wrap.
- Whole-Food Apple Sausage Stuffing: Spicy Italian chicken sausage, whole wheat breads, Granny Smith apples and strategic spices will make you want to keep enjoying this savory stuffing well past Thanksgiving.
- Baked Sausages with Apples Sheet Pan Dinner: Who knew so much magic could happen in a single sheet pan? Chopped apples, baby carrots and fingerling potatoes are sprinkled with herbs, drizzled with olive oil and honey, and then roasted to savory perfection.
- Ham, Brie and Apple Panini: This mouthwatering melt is the perfect fusion of cheesy, crunchy, salty and sweet flavors.
- Hasselback Baked Apples with Walnuts and Honey: Shaped to resemble hasselback potatoes, sliced caramelized apples are sprinkled with oats, walnuts and honey crystals in this gluten-free, dairy-free dessert.
- The Ultimate Healthy Apple Crumble: Warm cinnamon, oat streusel and pure maple syrup lend a wonderfully natural sweetness to fresh diced apples in this irresistible snack-slash-dessert.
- Grilled Mini Apple Pies: These perfectly portioned, petite apple pies satisfy your sweet tooth without dooming your diet. The grill lends a savory smoky flavor that pairs nicely with the sweetness of the apples.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds: Otherwise known as "apple nachos," this sweet, yet satisfying snack perfectly fills the gap between school and dinner.
- Apple Strawberry Smoothie: Great for a grab-and-go breakfast or a post-workout beverage, this refreshing fruit smoothie is sugar-free, packed with vitamins and super simple to make.
- Homemade Apple Cider: Crisp apples, fresh oranges, fragrant spices and cinnamon sticks do all the work in this comforting, aromatic cider.
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Smoothie: Fresh apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and caramel create a refreshing medley of fall flavors you'll want to sip on through all the seasons.
What's your favorite way to enjoy apples? Which of these would you like to try?
- Apple Pie Almond Butter Smoothie: Blending apple with banana, almond milk, cinnamon, almond butter and rolled oats, this delightfully creamy and refreshing smoothie is far healthier than it tastes.
You will earn 5 SparkPoints