Looking for a new way to use protein powder? Think outside of the shake!
There are countless ways you can use protein powder to create healthy and delicious recipes and boost the protein contents of your favorite foods.
Check out the many ideas and recipes below!
1. Muffins: Try my High-Protein, Low-Sugar Blueberry Muffins or even try it in these banana chocolate chip muffins! These muffins have 10 grams of protein--and less than a teaspoon of sugar and oil--in each one. Sweet, moist, and delicious, pack one of these tasty treats in your gym bag for a post-workout snack!
2. Pancakes: This sweet breakfast just got a bit healthier, thanks to these protein pancake recipes!
These Protein Powder & Wheat Mini Pancakes look especially good.
3. Pudding: From scratch or from a mix, pudding and protein powder are a perfect pair!
4. Smoothies: Give yours staying power with one of these recipes.
The carrot cake protein shake (left) will certainly quell your sweet tooth!
5. Cakes: Swap up to half the flour in your cake recipe with protein powder. Add an additional 1/2 cup water.
Portion control your sweets by making cupcakes!
6. Protein Fudge: Enough said!
7. Yogurt: Stir 1-2 scoops protein powder into your favorite yogurt! Top with your favorite extras: nuts, fruit, chocolate chips--anything!
8. Milkshake: Mix 1 cup skim or non-dairy milk, 6 ice cubes and 1-2 scoops protein powder in a blender. For a creamier milkshake, use ice cubes made of milk!
9. Coffee: Create a better-for-you frozen drink with Protein Powder Chocolate Frappucino
10. Ice cream: Mix one 6-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt with 1-2 scoops protein powder. Mix to combine, then freeze, stirring every 20 minutes until it reaches the consistency you desire (about an hour).
11. "Dough balls": You'll swear these taste just like cookie dough!
12. Cookies: Speaking of cookies, how about some Protein Powder Cookies?
13. Oatmeal: Add one scoop protein powder to your usual oats recipe. (I like vanilla!)
14. Cheesecake: Even cheesecake can get a boost of protein. Check out this recipe for details!
15. No Bake Protein Bars: These hunger-busting bars are ready in a snap, and they're perfect for a hike or an after-workout snack.
How do you use protein powder? Which brand or flavor is your favorite?
More From SparkPeople