2 Quick Tips to Improve Your Willpower
If you think you’re powerless to resist the dessert tray, hear this: “Research shows that willpower is like a muscle and can be strengthened,” says Roy Baumeister, social psychologist and author of Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength. A good way to do this is to take one small habit and override it, which then improves your self-control in other situations (such as losing weight or quitting smoking).
1. Using your nondominant hand (your left hand if you’re a righty) for everyday activities like brushing your teeth or holding your coffee cup.
2. Sitting up straight. Research shows that people who consciously worked on improving their posture for two weeks did better on self-control tests.
Stories you might like:
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Sweat
- Everything You Need to Know About Napping
- Stay Alert During “Odd” Hours of the Day
What other ways do you try to improve your willpower?
You will earn 3 SparkPoints
NEXT ENTRY > This Week's Healthy Headlines