for a printable version of Coach Nicole's 20-Minute Resistance Band Workout! About This Workout
Our members asked us for more workout options that can be done at a desk. Like our popular Desk Workout
, you need very little space to do these seated exercises. This workout will take you through a series of 10 exercises that work all of your major muscle groups, and end with seated stretches for the deskbound exerciser.
- Length: 20 minutes
- Equipment: A sturdy chair and a resistance band
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Most major muscle groups (chest, upper back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs, obliques, lower back, hips, quads, outer thighs, calves)
- Fitness Level: Beginner to intermediate; because you sit in a chair the entire time, this video may also be suitable for individuals with limited mobility (see Extra Tip below).
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Warm up before starting this workout and wear athletic shoes.
- Extra Tip: This workout starts with upper body exercises, progresses to core (abs) exercises, and ends with lower body exercises, making it suitable for individuals with limited mobility and/or disabilities. A person who has limited use of her legs, for example, can complete the first (and possibly second) set of exercises, which focus on the upper body and core. You can fast forward to the sections of the video that apply to you.