Even though a snack, particularly a packaged one, only has 100 calories doesn't mean it's a healthy choice that will keep you satisfied until your next meal. Instead of reaching for a tiny bag of processed treats, go for real food with real filling power. Focus on fiber, water content and lean protein to find the best snacking choices. Here are 18 ideas to add to your regular snack routine.|
Remember to "Pin" this graphic for future reference.
1. Two tablespoons of whipped light cream cheese rolled into two slices of extra-lean ham.
2. Two celery stalks, sliced into strips and dipped in 2 tablespoons of light guacamole.
3. Three ounces of chilled, pre-cooked shrimp dipped in one tablespoon of cocktail sauce.
4. One ounce of goat cheese spread on 1/2 a cup of cucumber slices.
5. One hard-boiled egg, sliced and sprinkled with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. A half a cup of fat-free cottage cheese topped with 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries.
7. A warm and comforting cup of your favorite broth-based soup brightened up with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
8. One medium tomato sliced and topped with one ounce of fresh mozzarella, salt and pepper and drizzled with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
9. One small whole-wheat tortilla topped with two tablespoons of fat-free bean dip and sprinkled with a two tablespoons of low-fat cheddar cheese.
10. One slice of roasted turkey breast wrapped up with one slice of light Swiss cheese.
11. One cup diced watermelon with one ounce of reduced-fat feta cheese, a teaspoon of chopped fresh mint and a squeeze of fresh lime.
12. A half cup of plain yogurt topped with a drizzle of honey and three almonds, finely chopped.
13. Two celery stalks, cut into strips and dipped in 1/4 cup hummus.
14. One ounce of prosciutto wrapped around a wedge of cantaloupe or 1/2 cup of peach slices.
15. One and a half cups of mixed berries.
16. One cup of jicama slices dipped in 1/2 cup of fresh salsa.
17. Ten baby carrots dipped in 4 ounces 0% Greek yogurt, flavored with 1 teaspoon of ranch dressing mix.
18. One cup of sliced apples with one ounce of low-fat cheddar, sliced thin.
What's your favorite go-to snack when you want to get full on a low-calorie budget?
Article created on: 10/29/2013
18 Low-Calorie Snacks That Satisfy
100-Calorie Snacks That will Keep You Full
You will earn 5 SparkPoints
Page 1 of 1Got a story idea? Give us a shout!