7. Allow yourself to slow down. You’re driving this bus! For the first time today, you are in control.
8. Sign up for a race. It’s a goal to strive for and adds a little meaning to your everyday workout.
9. Run/walk in public. Be proud of your accomplishment. Take in all the sites and be an inspiration to others.
10. Just show up. Go to the gym, class, or the park. Once you’re there, it’s hard to say no. 98% of life is showing up.
11. Eat. Follow a healthy eating pattern. If you limit your calorie intake, you will not have enough energy to work out and your metabolism will slow down.
12. Understand your energy cycle. There are peaks during our days. Even during the week. Try to complete your workout when you feel good about yourself.
13. Wallow in your greatness. You can exercise to become a better exerciser, or you can exercise to become a better mother, a better father, doctor, teacher, or a better friend – or you can exercise to become BETTER. Be proud of that accomplishment.
14. Have fun. Where’s your childlike spirit? When you can make workouts "playouts," you’ve got it made.
Don’t give up on yourself. After all, it’s never too late to be that healthy person you might have been.
14 Tips for Starting and Sticking with a Workout Routine
Stop Failure Before it Starts
You will earn 5 SparkPoints
‹ Previous Page Page 2 of 2Got a story idea? Give us a shout!