The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) has announced the "winners" of their 2015
12. IHOP's Chorizo Fiesta Omelette (1,290 calories, 105 grams of fat)
Unless you want to start your morning with an entire day's worth of calories, it's best to avoid this colossal dish. According to CSPI's report, it's "loaded with spicy chorizo sausage, roasted peppers, onions and pepper jack cheese, then topped with a citrus chili sauce and sour cream." As if that wasn't enough, it's paired with a trio of buttermilk pancakes.
11. Cheesecake Factory's Louisiana Chicken Pasta (1,400 calories, 38 grams of fat)
Each ingredient alone doesn't sound too terrible—but the chicken, mushrooms, pasta, peppers and onions are drowning in a calorie-packed cream/butter sauce. We'd suggest grilled salmon or grilled chicken as healthier alternatives.
10. IHOP's Country Fried Steak & Eggs (1,500 calories, 520 grams of fat)
When you choose sausage gravy and two scrambled eggs, this frighteningly fatty platter will send you straight into a 1500-calorie food coma. To start your day on a healthier note, opt for scrambled egg whites paired with chicken sausage.
9. Maggiano’s Zuccotto Chocolate Cake (1,790 calories, 112 grams of fat)
Each one-pound piece of this decadent chocolate cake has a whopping 26 teaspoons of added sugar. If you must indulge, we'd suggest ordering the mini Zuccotto bites and sharing them with the table.
Run--don't walk--away from this calorie-packed pizza. The 1-1/2" thick crust is loaded with pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms, then smothered in cheese and sauce. A whole personal pizza will rack up a full day's worth of calories. Consider the Thin Crust Roasted
7. Chili's Bacon Ranch Beef Quesadilla (1,858 calories, 142 grams of fat)
They might not seem so sinful at first glance, but these tantalizing tortillas are stuffed with two days' worth of fat and sodium, not to mention nearly a day's worth of calories. Skip the
6. Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion (1,954 calories, 154 grams of fat)
The fact that this insane amount of calories is (
5. SONIC's Pineapple Upside Down Master Blast, Large (2,020 calories, 95 grams of fat)
Don't be fooled by the fruit -- it doesn't negate the colossal amount of fat and calories contained in the ice cream, salted caramel and pie crust pieces. This sinful shake will
4. Red Lobster's Create Your Own Combination (2,710 calories, 101 grams of fat)
If you choose the unhealthy combo of Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp, Walt's Favorite Shrimp and Shrimp Linguine Alfredo—along with fries, a biscuit and a Caesar salad—you'll rack up almost two days' worth of calories.
3. Big Hookup Platter from Joe's Crab Shack (3,280 calories, 205 grams of fat)
If you're fishing for two days' worth of calories and sodium in a single meal, this fierce fried seafood platter will hook you up. You'd need to do about five hours of step aerobics to burn it off.
2. Red Robin's Monster Burger with Bottomless Fries & Monster Salted Caramel Milkshake (3,540 calories, 69 grams of fat)
If you have 12 hours to spare to walk it off afterward, feel free to indulge in this monster-sized meal. Otherwise, explore our tips for diet-friendly dining at Red Robin.
1. 3-Meat Platter from Dickey's BBQ Pit (3,816 calories, 190 grams of fat)
While it may not be realistic to count every calorie at a restaurant, there are some general best practices for avoiding a massive overload. Follow these sensible tips next time you dine out: