Eating Healthy at T.G.I. Friday's
From SparkPeople’s Editors
T.G.I. Friday's is known more for their Jack Daniels barbecue and servers with flair than their healthful food options. Customizing your order and choosing carefully will help you find a meal that's the right portion, right price--and right calories!
- Skip the appetizers; there is no appetizer on the menu that isn't fried or oozing with cheese or sticky sauce. Start your meal with a side salad with light or fat-free dressing.
- Many of the salads are tossed in dressing and then topped with the high-calorie ingredients like meat, nuts or cheese. The Strawberry Fields Salad with chicken or the Mediterranean Salad with chicken are your best choices. Skip croutons, meat and cheese and request extra veggies and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- The Right Portion Right Prices menu items are better selections. Select meats that are grilled or broiled and do not include battered coatings, such as the Shrimp Key West or Dragonfire Chicken.
- When cheese is part of your meal, ask for only half to be put on your entree to help reduce calories and fat.
- Steamed vegetables, a plain baked potato or a side salad with a side of vinaigrette dressing are the healthiest side items.
- T.G.I. Friday's offers no nutritional information on its website.