The “Spark Your Life” Convention is quickly approaching! The SparkPeople team is thrilled to host the first-ever “Spark Your Life” Convention, a day that will focus on bringing all the fun, fitness and motivational aspects of the site to life! We have a few more details and surprises that will make your day extra special! Here's what you need to know before you spend one unforgettable day listening to inspiring stories, learning from our experts, and meeting up with SparkFriends.|
SparkPeople Fun Run & Morning Walk
In the morning, lace up your sneakers and work out before the convention begins.
The SparkPeople Fun Run begins at 7 a.m. This optional three-mile morning run will be led by Coach Nancy and is open to all speeds and fitness levels. All runners should meet at the front of the Convention Center a few minutes before 7. Please look for the SparkPeople Fun Run signs. Click here to see the route of the run.
The SparkPeople Morning Walk also begins at 7 a.m. Resident expert Tim Metzner and some member volunteers will lead a 30-minute walk. All walkers should meet at the front of the Convention Center a few minutes before 7. Please look for the SparkPeople Morning Walk signs. Click here to see the route of the walk.
“Spark Your Life” Convention Meeting Room & Registration
The “Spark Your Life” Convention will be held at the San Diego Convention Center in meeting room 14, located on the Mezzanine level (the room can be accessed from the front lobby or mezzanine entrances). Registration will open at 8:30 a.m. and is located right outside the meeting room. Please look for the large SparkPeople banner!
SparkPeople Goodie Bag and Information Packet
Each “Spark Your Life” attendee will receive a SparkPeople Goodie Bag, which contains wonderful SparkPeople and sponsor products as well as an event information packet. Within the packet, you will find:
Activities for Break Time and Free Time
- SparkPeople Convention At-A-Glance Schedule: So you don't miss a minute of the fun, we have developed a quick at-a-glance schedule that provides the details on what's happening throughout the day, and when and where you can find it.
- SparkPeople Goodie Cards: You'll get two sheets of SparkPeople Goodie Cards to trade with the SparkFriends you meet throughout the day. The goal is to meet as many new friends as possible and pass along your Goodie Cards so that you can stay in contact after the convention! Be sure to include your name and/or SparkPeople username on the back of the Goodie Cards so your new friends can find you online later.
- “Spark Your Life” SparkPoints Checklist: You love to earn SparkPoints on the site, right? Well, you can earn SparkPoints throughout the day by meeting new SparkFriends, listening to presentations and even spinning the real-life SparkPoints Wheel! Keep track of the activities you complete throughout the day on your SparkPoints Checklist, then add these SparkPoints to the site after the convention.
During our scheduled breaks and lunch, you are free to do anything you want. You can also use your free time to take part in some of these fun optional activities, too! Here are some things that you won't want to miss!
What should I wear?
- About 15 minutes into the scheduled 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. breaks, Coach Nicole will lead a quick stretching routine to keep everyone’s energy levels high! And be sure to return during the last five minutes to see who wins our special prize giveaways!
- Lunch will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy a delicious, healthy lunch, meet up with other members, and participate in one of the fun SparkPeople activities. These include the Cardio Interval Training with Coach Nicole, the SparkPeople Walk and the SparkPeople Expert Panel Discussion. The activities are approximately 20 minutes each, which should allow you to participate in more than one. Specific details on times and location will be provided in the day’s schedule, located in your SparkPeople Goodie Bag. Note that lunch is not provided with the event. However, there are plenty of healthy food venues available throughout the Convention Center area.
- Share your secrets to success with our roaming cameras. In doing so, please feel free to bring items that symbolized your life before making a healthy lifestyle change. Bring vision collages, "before" photos, an old pair of pants or your signed SparkPeople contract. You can also bring "after" photos and other items that show how you've accomplished your goals since joining SparkPeople. (Please note that this is optional.)
- Share your thoughts about SparkPeople and the “Spark Your Life” Convention on our SparkPeople Huddle Wall.
- Visit the SparkPeople Store, located just outside the convention room from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. You'll find new products (like SparkPeople-branded performance wear and workout towels) and old favorites alike. Each purchase will Spread the Spark and help SparkPeople.com remain 100% FREE of charge!
- Try your luck when you spin the real-life SparkPoints Wheel, located next to the SparkPeople Store! You'll earn SparkPoints, which you can add to your SparkPoints checklist. You might win some great SparkPeople prizes, too!
- Don’t forget to visit the fantastic Exhibit Hall located on the Ground Floor, Hall C, featuring more than 40 healthy lifestyle sponsors!
This is a very casual, active day so please wear something comfortable. If you plan to participate in any of our exercise activities, wear exercise apparel. Please note that there are no lockers available at the Convention Center.
Most importantly, have fun!
We want you to have the best possible experience at SparkPeople's “Spark Your Life” Convention! If you have any questions or need anything, please ask! The SparkPeople staff members (wearing bright orange T-shirts) are here to help!