With thousands of features on the site and new ones launching every day, it's easy to miss some here and there. It's not unusual to hear a long-time member say "I never knew SparkPeople had this!" and sometimes, it refers to a feature that has been here for years! We thought it would be helpful to compile a "Top 10 List" of list of things you might be surprised you can do at SparkPeople.com. Hopefully you'll learn about some new features that you can start using to help you reach your healthy living goals!|
1. Map your route. "I walked around the block today and it took me 35 minutes. How do I figure out how far I went?" SparkPeople's Fitness Maps will tell you! Track your route, calculate your speed, calories burned, share your map with others and add your workout to your Fitness Tracker. It works for running, walking and biking!
2. Meet-up with other members. A SparkRally is a meeting or event (held at a public or private gathering place) that provides an opportunity for you to meet up with other SparkPeople members who live in your city. Leaders of city SparkTeams can organize and host SparkRallies, and local Team members can choose whether or not they want to attend. Local teams and SparkRallies are a great way to meet some of your fellow members in person. So if you're not already a member of a SparkTeam for your city, do a quick search to see if there's a Team for your city. You can attend SparkRallies that your Team leader creates or suggest hosting one on your own!
3. Quickly track your nutrition and fitness. "More Tracking" is a tool on the Start page that lets you track up to 6 healthy habits each day: servings of fruits and vegetables, cups of water, hours of sleep and more. Quick tracking is perfect for people who want to monitor simple health goals without spending a lot of time tracking details like calories eaten and burned.
4. Set up email reminders. SparkPeople's Planner can be used to track appointments, birthdays and important events. It can even send you email reminders of these events. This same page allows you to create and keep private journal entries--great for people who aren't interested in sharing their thoughts or progress on a public blog.
5. Track on the go. Did you know that you can take SparkPeople with you when you're away from home? If you have a phone with a web browser you can use the "Mobile Web" version of the site, which includes tracking food, cardio and looking up foods. We also have additional food and fitness tracking, as well as recipe applications for certain phones. Who knew tracking anywhere could be so easy?