Group photo
Author: Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:
LESSOFME2B's Photo LESSOFME2B Posts: 5,065
3/14/09 12:21 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Good Saturday morning on this Friday thread!

Louise, I just wanted to say that I am glad you have a plan in place for your radiation. When I had radiation for my uterine cancer I had very few side affects from the radiation, other than digestive ones from the area the radiation was applied to. I had treatments daily in Nov and Dec. The last treatment was on Dec.15th. I would go to have my treatment. The actual treatment only lasted a few minutes and then I would go Christmas shopping most days afterwards. There was only one day during my treatments that I came home and laid down and slept on the couch for a few hours. But like you said everyone is different. Will they be doing your radiation on your arm? When I had mine they tattoo you - I have 3 small (think pin head size!) tattoo spots, one on each side and one in the groin area that they used to line up the radiation beam. Just go into your treatments with a positive mind and you will be just fine. I have a feeling you will have lots of time to catch up on more reading!

I'm glad you can take the time off of work (I closed my day care during my treatments and everyone came back after I re-opened in January following my treatments). It's nice that you have been able to make up your lesson plans ahead too.

I hope you were able to get out with the walking club this morning! Sounds like fun!



"There is no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue, there's no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you never thought you'd make" Unknown

Beginning weight: 322

 Pounds lost: 36.0 
ANNINSD Posts: 5,878
3/13/09 10:39 P

Send Private Message
Louise, that is wonderful that you love your job so much and I'm sure the children do miss you a lot. My DIL was a specail ed teacher for a few years before she met my DS. She taught in Mi. DS was in the Air Force when they met and married. She could not get a job in the little town they lived in so she joined the Air Force Officers program. DS was enlisted. She stuck with the A.F. for 7 years and decided as they had a child she would have to take an overseas assignment at least once and probably would not be allowed for DS and DD to also go. By now they were stationed in Alaska. She got out of the AF and went back to teaching. This time the children were between kindergarten and first grade. later she got 2nd grade. When DS was transfer to Idaho DIL taught 2nd grade again. Eventually she was an Administrator but missed the kids so went back to the class room. By now their DD is in college in Fl. and decided to stay in Fl after she graduated. DS and DIL packed up and moved to N.C. and built a home. Neither one of them would want to live in Fl. This month DIL is going to Fl. to puppy sit. (four dogs) while the GD and her DH vacation in Germany. Of course now DIL says if she had stayed in the Air Force she would have a nice retirement.

Gotta tend to the laundry.


Ann in San Diego

 current weight: 0.0  under
SWIMLOVER SparkPoints: (0)
Fitness Minutes: (23,689)
Posts: 12,292
3/13/09 5:56 P

Send Private Message
Good Afternoon Everyone! It is a beautiful day here
in sunny Arizona. It is in the low 70's. I have not been out yet but I am going for a long walk with my husband when he comes home from work today. Tomorrow morning I am going to try making the Walking
Club which I started on Saturdays with the Chandler Team. The members have kept walking every Saturday. I have not been able to join them because of the pneumonia and then because of the operation. I miss walking with them. Ann, I don't have a car and Goodyear, AZ is an hour or an hour and a half from me depending if we go the back roads or the freeway so I will not be driving to and from there when Radiation starts and going to work then. I will stay up there during the week Monday through Friday. Either my husband and daughter will bring me up there and then come after me to come home on the weekends. I cannot go to work. Anyway, I am not sure what to expect because everyone I have talked to at the Center says that I will be extremely tired during the treatments, they were. Of course everyone is different. It will be easier for me to stay there and not go to work when I start the treatments. I am still not sure when I will be starting them. I don't mean I do not have a car, my husband and I have one car which he has to use for work. Usually, he drives me to work and then I ride home with my daughter. The girl who is substituting for me now will probably substitute for me when my treatments start. I got things ready for her this time and I am getting things done for her now. Actually, I am getting things done a head of time for me also. I have the time now. It is kind of funny, I had a lady tell me once that she wanted to work in a preschool because she was an elementary teacher and she did not want to do lesson plans anymore. Apparently she did not realize that preschool teachers have to write out extensive lessons plans. At least at the school where I work, we do. So we actually do a lot of the work at home. Teaching preschool children is rewarding though and I would not trade it for the world. My daughter told me that
one of the little boys I taught last year and who is in the 3's class this year kept going home to his mother and told her that he could not find me anywhere. Of course, I was up at the Cancer Treatment Center. His mother went to our Preschool Director to find out how I was. It never occurred to me that the children I had taught would be looking to see me either on the playground or walking with my class. I guess I made more of an impression on the children that I realize. I honestly miss the children and cannot wait until April 6th when I can go back to work. Of course, I cannot lift any of the children for a while. I am sorry to go on and on about my work but I guess I miss it more than I realized I would. Sorry this turned out to be a novel!!! What is everyone else doing? I have been sticking to my mini meals and did start exercising again. My Naturopathic doctor had her secretary call me to see how I was doing. I thought that was very nice of her. Well, I will not bore all of you any longer. HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR FRIDAY!

 Pounds lost: 9.0 
Page: 1 of (1)  

Report Innappropriate Post

Other Healthy Exchanges & More General Team Discussion Forum Posts

Topics: Last Post:
Tuesday, 8/8 8/8/2017 9:42:27 PM
Thursday, March 16 3/16/2017 8:23:45 PM
Tuesday October 3, 10/3/2017 7:18:59 PM
Wednesday, 4/19 4/19/2017 8:40:32 PM
Thursday, August 17 8/17/2017 10:08:31 PM

Thread URL:

Review our Community Guidelines