Group photo
Author:
GIRLSCOUTPOWER's Photo GIRLSCOUTPOWER Posts: 3,776
8/31/10 1:59 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Hi Heather. . Glad to hear from you! My girls have been working all summer on a big fundraiser running our town's carousel for 6 weeks. We split 20% of the profits with the city and got to keep the other 80%then also had our own craft table we got 100% of the profits. We raised almost $3000! So excited!

We are planning on going to Savannah, GA for June 2011 as soon as school is out! Most of my girls have never been to the East Coast and planned out 5 different trips, voted and Savannah won! Hopefully we will have an awesome cookie year and we'll do a few other fundraiser things throughout the year. . And at least 7 of my girls are going to get their Silver Award done this year too! Busy busy!

Go Team Golden Phoenix!

~ Wendy from gorgeous Seattle!


 current weight: 168.8 
195
177.5
160
142.5
125
TWOSTICKS's Photo TWOSTICKS Posts: 1,761
8/17/10 10:27 A

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Now it is my turn to be sorry about not responding! I must of clicked the email notification off so I didn't see your response.
It would be great to coordinate something. I have learned that there is a big Camp in Nova Scotia (on the East Coast) next summer so I might try and get the girls interested in that instead.

I used to work for GSUSA Totem Council at Camp River Ranch - I'd love to take my girls to camp for a week sometime, I love that whole area!

Geared up to End MS
I'm doing a 90km ride to raise funds to end MS - please support me:
http://mssoc.convio.net/site/TR/BikeTo
ur/General?px=1399912&pg=personal&fr_i
d=1051

TP (Today's Parent magazine forum) Team co-leader
www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
ndividual.asp


 current weight: 185.0 
190
182.5
175
167.5
160
GIRLSCOUTPOWER's Photo GIRLSCOUTPOWER Posts: 3,776
6/18/10 8:53 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Hey Heather - Sorry I just saw your message. My group is from Kent, WA (about 20 miles S of Seattle. .) We have done the Mix It Up Encampment twice now (when it is in BC at some park just across the border. .) But we have talked about a trip to either Vancouver or Victoria for real. . However I am not sure if next spring will work for us as they are planning a trip to Savannah, GA (the home of Juliet Low - founder of Girl Scouts. .) for June or July 2011. Their big fundraiser starts next month and will run for 6 weeks. .

Anyway - I have Cadettes (almost all 13 year olds) that just ended the 7th grade. . There are 10 of them. . Most of them have been in Girl Scouts since they were 5. They are a good group of girls. . and they really love Canada! And the whole BC Guides philisophies!

Maybe we can coordinate something down the road???



Go Team Golden Phoenix!

~ Wendy from gorgeous Seattle!


 current weight: 168.8 
195
177.5
160
142.5
125
TWOSTICKS's Photo TWOSTICKS Posts: 1,761
5/28/10 10:31 A

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Any Leaders here from West Coast of BC or Washington State?
I am a Leader outside of Edmonton Alberta and we are planning on taking our Pathfinders and Rangers aged 12-17 to Vancouver BC in the fall of 2011. Would be cool to meet up with a group.
The plan is to stay at the downtown hostel, visit the aquarium and stanley park, granville island market, capilanio bridge and who knows what else!

Heather

Geared up to End MS
I'm doing a 90km ride to raise funds to end MS - please support me:
http://mssoc.convio.net/site/TR/BikeTo
ur/General?px=1399912&pg=personal&fr_i
d=1051

TP (Today's Parent magazine forum) Team co-leader
www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
ndividual.asp


 current weight: 185.0 
190
182.5
175
167.5
160
Page: 1 of (1)  

Report Innappropriate Post

Other GIRL SCOUTING! General Team Discussion Forum Posts

Topics:
Last Post:



Thread URL: https://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x1086x34438097

Review our Community Guidelines