Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I found this on one of the Spark pages
* Give yourself enough time to eat—at least 20-30 minutes just to eat the meal.
* Don’t eat amidst distractions, like the TV, computer, or while driving. (This I need to learn.)
* Be fully present while you eat. Notice the smell, temperature, texture, color, and subtle flavor differences of each food you consume. (This I need to learn.)
* Take smaller portions, taking a break before refilling. (This I need to learn.)
* Put your fork down after each bite.
* Eat mindfully, chewing each bite as many times as necessary to pulverize any texture. (This I need to learn.)
* If you’re eating in a group, be aware of the speed at which others are eating. Challenge yourself to be the last to finish.