BLC 46 Step into the Sunshine
Sunday, May 02, 2021
I love the theme of this round of the BLC. It seems like we are coming out of the darkness of the pandemic and can step out into life again! As per usual, our first step is to set our goals for the round. After a year in maintenance, I feel confident in my ability to sustain certain healthy habits and acknowledge there are other areas I need to improve.
My goals for the challenge:
1. ST- minimum 2 sets of 10 reps x 10 different movements 3x/week
2. Cardio-30 minutes or 12K steps 6x a week
3. Sleep-7 plus hours of sleep per night with consistent bedtime between 11p and MN
4. Personal goal A-Daily stretching 5 minutes minimum
5. Personal goal B-Sodium intake less than 2300 mg 6x/week
My other major goal not necessarily associated with the BLC:
That may mean many things to different people but my intention is to:
1. Take time to acknowledge and appreciate those involved for growing, processing, transporting and everything it takes to bring food to my table.
2. Consciously involve my senses--notice the colors, textures, tastes, aromas
3. Slow down! Put down the utensil between every bite. Chew thoroughly.
4. Sit upright--no semi-reclined eating (finger foods)
5. Turn off the TV during meals
6. Pay attention to signs of hunger and satiety. I need to do some research on this because I'm sure there is some kind of subjective rating scale that would be helpful if I decide to journal and track this component. Ultimately, if it will help me so that I no longer have to weigh, measure and track every bite--that would be ideal. However, I am prepared to continue to do those things forever, if necessary, to maintain my weight loss.