Ready, get set, GO!
Wednesday, January 06, 2021
Well, this Saturday is the big day and I'm poised and ready to begin the winter 5% challenge with my new teammates on the Shooting Stars team. Here are my plans:
- Initial weigh-in on Saturday.
- Begin logging all exercise minutes (with a renewed focus to DO MORE!)
- Track my nemesis: trying to drink 8 glasses of water in a given day. I just don't understand how most Sparkers seem to find this so easy.
- Begin religiously tracking my food intake. Right now I've been entering the "planned" meals for the day, but now I'd like to follow up with actuals.
- Log my measurements as of the start of this challenge: waist, stomach, hips, thighs, calves, arms, bust. Hopefully I'll see a change for the better by the end of this 8 week period.
- Sit back and enjoy the camaraderie of my new teammates. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that they have a chat thread on actual astronomical facts of interest. The current one is about the asterism, the Winter Hexagon. This is the first time I'd ever heard of an asterism, never mind the Winter Hexagon! But now I'm looking forward to a clear night where I can go out and identify the 6 bright stars making up this winter sky phenomemon. I'm hoping they will have continually changing topics here, to satisfy my nerdy curiosity!
So bring on the challenge, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!