DONNALEE-53
350,000-499,999 SparkPoints 455,437
SparkPoints
 

Hi,everyone

Saturday, September 26, 2020

I need to know if I am doing the right thing.
When the surgeon called with the report on my hernia sac & contents I was and probably still am in shock.
I just looked up what some of these things mean and I am more scared now.
The pathologist report said it is Carcinoma,favor high grade serious carcinoma.
Mesothelium lined fibrovascular tissue with marked chronic inflamation.
Plus other things.
it doesn't seem good.
Anyway, I was supposed to go to the Doctors my surgeon recommended and the appointment they gave me was for the 6th which was 16 days away at the time.
My X-DIL told me to call and see if they could see me sooner.
I did call and they said that my appointment should be ok but if they got an opening they would call me.
In the mean time, my friend suggested I call the doctor her mother had who had Pancreatic Cancer and he removed it and she was fine for years. So I did call and I have an appointment for Tuesday.
The other place called me and said they can get me in now Oct 1st.
I still want to keep the earlier appointment because I am scared and want to know if something can be done but I am don't really know what to do?
Your help greatly appreciated.
Please keep me in your prayers.
Donna

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • MRSLIVINGWELL
    So sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you and hope to hear about what you decide.Do what you can to reduce stress (yes, I know) stay positive, eat healthy and move. whatever you can control healthwise, do.

    Mrslivingwell
    McDouga
    ll Plan Coleader
    60 days ago
  • RKOTTEK
    emoticon
    61 days ago
  • WHITE-GREEN
    I am so sorry you're dealing with this. May you recover soon.
    61 days ago
  • ROSEJULIA
    I too would want a second opinion. This is about you, don't worry about hurting people's feelings, please. Anyone in your situation would do the same. I'm praying for you, my friend. God bless you. emoticon
    61 days ago

    Comment edited on: 9/27/2020 7:50:46 AM
  • JHADZHIA
    I would prefer to see both Dr.s its especially nice to get the earlier appt., but if your insurance won't pay for both, you have to be careful. It can't hurt having two opinions. When you go for an appointment like this its better if you have your hubby with you for support. Also make a list of questions you have, maybe go over it with DH and then write them down. Don't leave until you are comfortable with all the information and things you want to know. Don't let them rush you (which is why its good to have another person there) Having a patient advocate going with you to everything makes it go much smoother. Also they can help remember all the info thrown at you.
    Thoughts and prayers with you,
    emoticon emoticon emoticon
    62 days ago
  • NANCYPAULINE
    If you can possibly afford to do so, see both doctors. I think it would give you piece of mind to have a "second opinion" from the later appointment. Don't react in panic if the first appointment is scary. Take time to process it . emoticon
    62 days ago

    Comment edited on: 9/26/2020 9:27:45 PM
  • MUSICMOMOF2
    Sending hugs and prayers!
    62 days ago
  • ALEXSGIRL1
    emoticon
    62 days ago
  • 2BDYNAMIC
    I saw your answer and I support your decision! If you have questions, call your insurance company and ask. Phone number should be on the back of your card. Keep us posted please. ....And I DO think your Doctor needs to explain in language you can understand!! That's their job!!! I don't think I would take the burden off them by looking things up. They owe it to you!! .. If you're being seen THIS Tuesday, then would you need to see a different doctor later? ... This should be explained to you and in a very clear manner and as simple as possible not complicated.
    62 days ago

    Comment edited on: 9/26/2020 6:04:06 PM
  • DONNALEE-53
    I think I am going to see both. I am so afraid of hurting people's feelings. I know it's dumb considering it's about my health and life. emoticon
    62 days ago
  • NEW-CAZ
    If at all possible see both.

    If it were me I'd see the doc my surgeon recommended. He's seen you already and has a handle on your condition.

    Donna, you have my prayers hun, have you talked it over with Bill?
    Maybe he could bounce ideas back to you.

    I wish you all the very best, not long to wait now, although to you it probably seems an eternity.

    much luv emoticon
    62 days ago
  • DONNALEE-53
    Thank you. My son and husband think so too. But would health insurance pay that?
    62 days ago
  • 1BLAZER282005
    Prayers for your health 🙏
    62 days ago
  • DCHANCE6
    Maybe see both doctors, like, a second opinion. You might like one more than the other one. Hugs.
    62 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by DONNALEE-53