Here's my BSG Challenge - Week 4 Blog:
Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what's left of you. -Katie Reed
Self-Awareness Month in September is a time to remind us that taking care of ourselves, first and foremost, is essential. Self-care is often neglected in our everyday lives. We all tend to put others' needs before our own and it is crucial to remember that we cannot fill another cup from our own empty vessel. While getting a massage or taking a walk are beautiful examples of taking time for our well-being, self-care can be more expansive that that. Share your self-care tips.
When I think about self-care, I think about this amazing quote:
Self-Care means giving yourself permission to pause. -Cecilia Tran
Here's some of my personal self-care tips:
1) Plan to get enough sleep every night.
2) Set a bed time routine (warm bath, reading, drinking hot tea).
3) Exercise daily to include cardio, strength & stretching.
4) Say no to others and say yes to my own personal self-care.
5) Take care of yourself by getting organized (To-Do List, Planner).
6) Write in my journal and/or read a book on self-care.
7) Plan a personal spa day (pedicure, manicure, facial).