I know, I know! What bright side can there possibly be right now? For the moment lets not even get into politics which is making me crazy.
The pandemic is still in full swing and from reports looks like it'll be a tough fall and winter. Here in NY Cuomo is steering the ship in the right direction and just announced two commissions: one to look at the efficacy and safety of any vaccine(s) and the second to figure out the logistics of getting a vaccine distributed and administered. Given that, I would take the vaccine so that is good news!
What else positive has happened?
* Working out outdoors! As I got more and more into fitness I stopped my outdoor walks and concentrated on the gym. These last six months have reminded me of just how great it is to get outdoors and move. Now that the weather has cooled we're going to start going to some local parks for hikes. Even though we can go back to the gym will continue with the outdoor walks.
* Eating at home! To keep my weight off, I've been eating at home more, but now? We eat most meals at home and linked to that is finding new recipes. What else is there to do? Scan the web for new recipes, shop, and make a delicious dinner. Have the time right?
* Reading more. have been reading a lot more and enjoying it more.
* Relaxing more. sure being retired gives one plenty of down time, but before the pandemic I still felt like I was going, going, going! had to get to a class, rush to an appointment, off to see a friend or movie. Now? Days are unstructured and just flow. We do tend to walk in the morning then can just see how it goes. Sitting out on the deck with a glass of ice tea and a book is priceless.
* Rethinking connections. Never thought I'd enjoy zoom meetings but there are a new way to connect that has been surprisingly good.
* Spending time with loved ones. yes, I'm missing some, but spending more time with my partner. And our dog just loves all the attention.
* Saving money! Not going out means I'm not spending money on meals or coffee, or treats and I sure don't need new clothes! Knowing that others aren't so lucky means I've been able to donate to places to help others.
There are probably more but these just popped up. What bright side have you all found?