My recipe for Yummy Japanese chicken wing soup
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
@The request of the wonderful @firebrthr
Here is my recipe for the yummy & simple soup.
4 whole chicken wings
1/2 head of cabbage
1 stalk of scallion/green onion
Natural sea salt (I use pink)
Minced onion/Onion flakes
1) Rinse whole wings
2) Cut wings into 3 sections at the joints
3) Pour a generous amount of salt on wing sections & place in a large container.
4) Cover container with lid/plastic wrap for 15 minutes (be sure to seal)
5) Whike you wait, clean and chop veggies (chunky pieces are better)
6) Take sections out and squeeze them with paper towel to absorb moisture
7) Place sections in pot & cover with chopped veggies
8) Stir so some wings are on top & some veggies on bottom
9) Pour enough filtered water to cover all (But no more!)
10) Boil on high for 5-8 minutes, continuously skim the scum off the top
11) Turn heat to low/simmer when wing joints are no longer red/dark pink
12) Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes (about 1/2Tbsp)
13) Simmer covered for 15-18 minutes
14) Remove from heat, put in bowl
15) Cut/chop scallions (green onions) into small pieces and put atop soup
*I 'eyeball' spices so I can't give you an exact measurement of garlic powder/onion flakes/pepper that I used.
*If you use white pepper, use it sparingly as a little goes a long way.
*BEFORE YOU SUBSTITUTE ANYTHING(!!!). Try the original recipe FIRST and then tweak it along the way.
Happy cooking all!:)