75 days of personal success! The pandemic has allowed me to focus on me!
1. A good long walk every morning. 10,000 steps by the end of the day.
2. A delayed breakfast, becoming more of a brunch.
3. Two meals a day. No snacking after dinner. Drink water or tea to stay full.
4. Intermittent fasting - 16/8 for the first month, 18/6 for the second month, and now an assortment of fasts with nothing longer than 24 hours. I like food!
5. No bread or sugar and a conscience avoidance of processed/refined carbohydrates.
6. SparkPeople involvement: tracking, chats, questions, research, recipes, challenges, etc.
I never would have believed how easy this has been! If I’m hungry, only in the morning, I go for a walk, have a coffee, and wait it out. Often I can extend my fast by two hours when I realize I’m not really hungry. I am eating so much healthier!
While I walk, I listen to audiobooks. I had big mindset changes with these:
1. Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari
2. The Body - Bill Bryson
3. Life In The Fasting Lane - Fung, Mayer, Ramos
4. The Switch - James W. Clement
5. Fast, Feast, Repeat - Gin Stephens (Delay, Don’t Deny)
Sorry, I did not take measurements, but I’m back into clothes that are certainly smaller. My Fitbit tells another story! My resting heart rate dropped significantly. It says my cardio level is excellent, for someone “my age.” That’s funny, as I really do little ”cardio” exercise. I know I should, and might get there once I’m a little lighter. So for now, walk, walk, walk!
I had a goal of losing 40 pounds, but I think I can honestly (and realistically) move that goal to 50. I will continue this routine for July and update my results in August. No more Yo-Yo weight loss and gain. This is it!