"Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thornbush has roses." (German proverb)
Quarantine Day #71
Happy Weekend, my lovely friends!
To be honest this week’s cooking has been okay. I made a salad that was good for a couple of days and then I had pasta. I had no recipe this week, BUT I did make something the day after Mother’s Day. Once again it’s simple, but oh so good. For dinner, I made herbed roasted turkey thighs, lemon rosemary roasted potatoes, and steamed asparagus.
Herbed Roasted Turkey Things
What you need
Butter softened 1 stick
Fresh Herbs, up to 2 TBSP. whatever herbs you have. I used Rosemary and Thyme
1. I mixed the herbs with the butter and spread it all over the turkey
2. In a 350 degree oven cook them for about fifty minutes
Lemon Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
(Love & Lemons cookbook)
2Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Juice and zest of one small lemon
1 tsp. Djohn mustard
1 Tbsp. of minced Rosemary
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 ½ pound of small or fingerling potatoes
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
Sea Salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
1. In a small bowl mix olive oil, djohn mustard, lemon juice, rosemary, pepper flakes and some salt and pepper.
2. clean potatoes and slice them into wedges. Place them into a bowl and pour half of the dressing mixture over them and toss together.
3. Spread the potatoes on the baking pan and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Toss them and put them back in the oven until they are brown with crispy edges, about 5 to 10 minutes,
4. Remove from oven and toss the remaining dressing on them along with the zest and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.