First off, Thank you to Lisamarie2015 for the tough love yesterday. I was panicking and wallowing and all sorts of crazy.
Today is a new day. I decided that what I need is an action plan. Instead of feeling like the 19 in Covid 19 is the amount of weight I will gain, I decided that the 19 is how many things I should do during this crisis.
If you read it and think it's a good idea, make sure you personalize it for YOU. You may not want eggs for breakfast every day. I love eggs, so this is doable for me.
Big Breath. Here goes:
COVID 19 Healthy Eating Lifestyle Plan (HELP)
1. Drink water before coffee or anything else
2. Eat eggs for breakfast. Add as many vegetables as I can (peppers, onions, mushrooms)
3. Eat no more than 1500 calories a day. Try to stay around 1200.
4. Focus on calories and not carbs so that I can work in things I may want. I will revisit lo-carb after this crisis is over.
5. No food is “forbidden” but needs to be tracked.
6. Eat whole glorious foods as much as I can
7. Continue to organize the kitchen to make it easier to achieve my goals (weight loss gadget drawer)
8. MOVE. Either take a 30 minute walk or get up during commercials.
9. Track my food. Period. No excuses. If I have to guess at how many calories, guess HIGH.
10. Make soup. Before eating junk, eat some soup first.
11. Make sure I’m eating because I’m hungry—not anxious or bored.
12. Start planning a garden to grow cucumbers, lettuce, onions, spinach and peppers.
13. If we reach a point where all we have left to eat is high calorie/high carb/not nutritious, I will do the best I can to eat as well as I can. Moving is VITAL in this situation.
14. Remember that this situation is temporary.
15. Blog. Vent on blogs that are not public (journal). Don’t take it out on the family. I can do this.
16. This lifestyle is about nourishing me, not diet or deprivation. Nourish. Love. Emerge from this better than before.
17. PRAY. Pray more!
18. Create something new. A new recipe, a new craft. CREATE.
19. Fall in love with my body. Nourish, moisturize, style...God created ME. I will take care of my body!
Let's do this!