100,000-149,999 SparkPoints 125,728

Take It As It Comes...

Friday, February 14, 2020

This morning I hopped in the car with all four daughters with these goals in mind: drop D23 off at work, take D21 to counseling and then to class, head to my parents' house with the youngest two to have D15 complete a "back then" assignment for her finance co-op class, and pick D23 up from her morning job so she could eat lunch at home before going back to her afternoon job. I planned for my commuting morning to be done a few minutes after 1pm and to become a homeschooling homebody for the afternoon.

I dropped D23 off at work a few minutes before 9am. So far so good. On the way to counseling D21 gets an email to say her morning class is cancelled. So we go to counseling and D15 and D13 do what homeschooling they can in the lobby. Afterward D21 decides she would really like to see grandma and Alley cat so we drive over there. D15 interviews grandma about her first job, first car, and expenses like groceries and such when she was younger. We decide to stay there and chat with grandma until it's time to pick up D23. That meant I would be giving up my homebody afternoon because I would have to drive D21 back to her afternoon class after lunch instead but it's good to be flexible right? So we pick D23 up and I'm just about to sit down at home to have a nice lunch when D21 says she forgot her backpack at grandma's house. So we all scrambled to down a few bites and I take D23 back to her afternoon job a bit early and return with D21 to my mom's for the backpack and then to D21's class. I stay for the hour and twenty minutes. I decide not to walk outside because it was only 14°F outside and in the rush I had left my gloves and hat at home. I made a grocery list instead. Then we headed to pick up D23 from her afternoon job and then back home. The day was over. The younger girls completed a half day of school assignments so I am pleased about that.

When my husband came home from work he brought home pizza since he didn't have to stop and get D21 today. Then he fell asleep on the couch. I slipped out of the house and got some walking in at the grocery store and then did my shopping. Very long day!

It is my son's 25th birthday. I texted him a message. He responded to say he was busy tonight but would call sometime this weekend. I'm looking forward to that very much.

Keep moving forward! — Kohl
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post