(Actual photo of me being fat & adorable)
Hello! I’m Jamie.
I am 33 years old, female, 6’1” and 399.0 lb. about 53.6% body fat (much like the raccoon above).
I’ve got the dream job; I’ve got the dream husband; I am loving life and am ready to make some serious progress on my health this year. I want to have kids eventually(in about 3-5 years), and I want to save for a down payment for a house (which I can’t do if I keep buying food delivery and eating out so often). I want to be able to do more physically, and I want to get my blood sugar under control. All of these goals require discipline and loss of body mass.
I’m not counting calories(yet), but I am watching my portions and aiming to cook at home more often (nutritious, healthy meals which are low-carb, high fiber, and full of veggies and lean protein). I’m also limiting sugar and sweets to once per week. Finally, I’m prioritizing my relaxation, hydration, sleep and rest/overall wellness. I want to push myself, but not to the point of breaking... and although I know there will be stress and work and life getting in the way, I think my goals are achievable. I’m ready!
1. Get to 349 (50 lb loss)
2. Get a massage once a month (12 total)
3. Only 52 servings of sugary drinks/desserts (about 1x per week but I can bank them)
4. Take an Epsom salts bubble bath 52 times (1x per week)
5. Cook dinner at home 250 nights (about 5x per week but I can bank them)
6. Go to the gym at least 100 times (about twice per week but I can bank them)
7. Hit my sleep goal at least 250 nights ( about 5x per week but I can bank them)
8. Blog EVERY WEEK! (52 times)
9. Take my medications and supplements EVERY DAY! (366 / No excuses)
10. At least 25 hikes/excursions with my husband (about 1 every 2 weeks)
11. Hit my budget-related goals every week (52 times)
12. Meet my water intake goal at least 300 days (about 6x per week)
1. Lose at least 5 lb
2. Get a massage (DONE)
3. Only 4 servings of sugary drinks/desserts
4. at least 4 bubble baths
5. Cook dinner at home at least 20 nights
6. Go to the gym 8 times
7. Hit my sleep goal 20 nights
8. Blog every week
9. Take my medications and supplements EVERY DAY!
10. Two extended hikes/excursions
11. Stay in food budget every week
12. Hit my water intake goal at least 25 days
Week 1 Goals (Jan 6-12)
1. Have a loss of at least 1lb
2. Go to the gym 2x
3. Cook dinner at home at least 5 nights
4. Take a bubble bath
5. Only 1 sugary drink/dessert
6. At least 8 glasses of water 6 days
7. At least 8 hours of sleep 5 nights
8. Blog at the end of the week
9. Take my meds and supplements 7 days
10. Stay in the food budget
11. Bonus goal: NO FAST FOOD til next Monday