We are coming to the end of 2019 - and the end of a decade - I am sure we can look back over the last 10 years and see many changes.
Here are a few of mine
1) We welcomed 1 new grandson and 1 new great granddaughter to our family this year
2) Our precious Benji passed away at age 14 on Jan 29 2019 - the best little buddy we have had and he is truly missed. His 4 legged sister Molly still looks for him
3) I started a program - No Sugar No Flour after reading book on it - and am having great results
4) Just celebrated 36 years of marriage
I am now going to share 20 goals for 2020
1) Stay on my no sugar no flour for 52 weeks
2) lose 50 pounds (or more if possible)
3) Start up a walking program re my treadmill with the goal to get up to 2 miles walked 4x a week
4) Aiming to get off as much medication as possible in 2020
5) Walk 400+ miles between treadmill and outside in the year
6) Keep my food diary / 3 things I am grateful for / 5 year diary each day
7) Read daily from the Bible with my husband
8) Make at least 25 baby blankets for the Pregnancy Care Clinic
9) Donate toothbrushes, toothpaste, handmade scarfs, handmade hats to the Care Group our Church has where we feed street people once a week - serving coffee, tea, juice, pizza
10) Work through our Church directory praying for each family and calling them on their birthdays and anniversaries
11) Drink 90 oz of water daily which means 6 bottles of water
12) Look at getting a water purifier on our kitchen sink to replace buying bottle water to drink
13) Organize all our pictures from the past 36 years getting the all into proper folders
14) Reach out to 12 different couples over the year to have over for dinner
15) Get wedding rings resized to fit me properly by end of 2020
16) Hold a great 76th birthday party in July for my dear husband
17) Work with my special needs daughter (Priscilla) to get her weight down to a healthy range
18) Work on trying 12 new recipes in 2020
19) Keep a blog going for all of 2020 showing 3 things I am grateful for - different things each time
20) Work at getting a credit card paid down considerably
I am on Day 4 of Boot Camp and Day 55 of starting No Sugar No Flour and am looking at ending 2019 with a good number and 2020 will be the year that I break all my records in this area.
My Scripture for today is
Luke 1:26 - 38
In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, 'Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!' But she was greatly troubled at the saying and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.'
And Mary said to the angel, 'How will this be, since I am a virgin?'
And the angel answered her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy - the Son of God. And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was balled barren. For nothing will be impossible with God.' And Mary said, 'Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.' And the angel departed from her.
My streaks at Sparkpeople are
99 days of logging on to Sparkpeople
99 days of tracking all food and water
99 days of reading the Bible with my husband
56 days of starting No Sugar No flour
4 days of Boot Camp