Joke and being thankful
Thursday, November 28, 2019
Since it Thanksgiving I thought my blog this week will be on being thankful I am thankful for:
1. my mom who raise the 7 of us as a single parent when my dad die. When I was 7.
2. my brother Rich who after years of not spending time with my family
is making sure he see mom once a week.
3. my brother Ed making sure me and my sister have at least a little
break from watching mom
4. my brother Al who I am getting along with better than ever
5. my brother Mike who like to have talks with me even so he
must smarter than me
6. my sister Jeanne who is part mom, part sis, and part best friend to me
7. my brother Kevin who is my twin . I love him even so he a pain at time.
8.my spark friends . You guys mean so much to me
9. my job and the great people I work with
"Thanksgiving is the day when you turn to another family member and say, 'How long has Mom been drinking like this?'
"Thanksgiving is America's national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty." - Michael Dresser
"Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often." – Johnny Carson
"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." - Erma Bombeck
" Funny Thanksgiving One-Liners
"My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor." - Phyllis Diller
"My mother is such a lousy cook that Thanksgiving at her house is a time of sorrow." – Rita Rudner
""On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime." - Author Unknown
"o Thanksgiving Dinner
• Tis the night before Thanksgiving and all through our house
No turkey is baking; I feel like a louse,
For I am all nestled, so snug in my bed;
I’m not gettin’ up and I’m not bakin’ bread.
• No pies in my oven, no cranberry sauce
Cuz I give the orders, and I am the boss.
When out in the kitchen, there arose such a clatter
I almost got up to see what was the matter.
• As I drew in my head and was tossing around
To the bed came my husband, he grimaced, he frowned.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
He scared me to death and I thought, “Here he goes!”
• He spoke not a word as he threw back my quilt
And the look that he gave was intended to wilt.
So up to the ceiling my pillows he threw
I knew I had had it, his face had turned blue.
• “You prancer, you dodger, you’re lazy, you vixen
Out yonder in kitchen, Thanksgiving you’re fixin.”
But he heard me explain, with my face in a pout:
"I'm just plain too tired and we're eating out