Every week during the 5% Fall Challenge, I've been making a list of NSVs the night before weighing in. It has really been helping counteract disappointment at the scale.
I feel like I don't have much to say this week, but here goes:
- I kept my food diary daily (wrote down every bite)
- I stayed within my calorie range
- I adjusted my goal to lower my calorie range, because I felt it was too high, but I still stayed within the range
- I got my 30 minutes of exercise 5 out of 7 days, and I got in extra on the other days so that overall for the week, I met my goal
- I indulged in free food at work, but only within my calorie range, and only one serving. (People are starting to bring treats for Halloween, and the whole food frenzy for the holiday season is just beginning. I don't want to feel deprived, but I also don't need to eat everything that shows up. I'm picking my favorites, taking a reasonable amount, and counting it in my daily totals.)
- I ate dinner before going to a party tonight, so that I wasn't tempted to snack on the treats they had there
- I avoided snacking in front of the tv, which is definitely a challenge for me
- I recorded my minutes and NSVs every day on my team board (there were two days that I didn't do it on the day, but I did get it caught up before the plane landed)
That may be it for this week. What I didn't do, that I've already decided needs to change, is plan my meals and healthy snacks for the week. My meals were boooorrrring and that's not going to get me where I need to be.
Hopefully the scale will be kind tomorrow, but if not, I just need to keep on pushing.