Health & Wellness
Pregnancy & Postpartum
The SparkPeople Blog
Fitness & Apparel
Access hundreds of thousands of recipes that are healthy and easy to make. Get full nutrition info for every recipe and track with one click!
Today's Featured Recipe:
Light French Toast
More on intuitive eating
Monday, October 21, 2019
I’m reading an article on intuitive eating in “Health” magazine. The author Alex van Buren makes some good points that I wanted to list here for future reference-
1. Trust your body’s signals - honor your hunger ( not excessively but give your body what it needs when it sends you the signal).
2. Reject the diet mentality and embrace eating for fuel and with pleasure.
3. Make peace with food - give yourself unconditional permission to eat so you don’t fall into the deprivation-craving-binging cycle.
4. Focus on healthy foods but don’t eliminate entire food groups for no medical reason (remove the deprivation, bad food good food mentality).
5. Respect your body when it’s full. Don’t just keep eating because it’s tempting or because you feel obliged to finish everything on your plate.
6. Eat in a lovely environment. Use your good plates
. Enjoy your meals.
7. Honor your feelings without using food.
8. Respect your body. Don’t beat yourself self up for what you didn’t do - instead give yourself credit for what you did accomplish.
9. Add in exercise you enjoy so you begin to enjoy movement and feel uplifted every time you work out.
10. Honor your health. Go for meals that make you feel the most nourished and strong and that you enjoy.
Share This Post With Others
Report Inappropriate Blog
Member Comments About This Blog Post
Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post
Log in to post a comment
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
Get An Email Alert Each Time
See Today's Featured Member Blog Posts
More Blogs by DEE_DEE2623
Beginner's exercise struggles
View All ›