My first hike-in camping trip - Success
Monday, September 30, 2019
I survived my first hike-in camping trip. Saturday afternoon, the weather was perfect for hiking and camping: sunny, cool, and best of all no bugs. But Sunday night, the rain and wind started. I did not sleep well because the camp site was wooded and the branches above me were swaying from side to side.
On the way to the campsite, there were a row of fallen trees from a previous storm. We were told that we could gather firewood from the ground so we were able to have a small fire burning longer. Neither of us brought stuff to make s'mores, but my friend brought some S'more pop tarts. Here is an interesting thing about those s'mores, my friend through a bit of hers into the fire and it took a super long time for it breakdown in the fire. Imagine how long it takes to break down in your body.
1. Learn how to properly pack my backpack for hiking.
2. Always keep a supply of toilet paper
3. Focus on the hips when stretching
4. Strengthen the core and upper body.
5. Don't trust the weather apps, always be prepared for not so good weather.
I had fun and I think that I will be comfortable doing this again and even going solo.