10 reasons you want to lose weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
10 Reasons I want to lose weight:
1. To feel better physically. To be fit and in good shape. To not be heaving for breath at the top of the stairs.
2. To feel better about how I look. I feel like I am ugly and I don't want to feel that way about myself. Just with the 20+ pounds I gained back, I feel worse about myself.
3. To be able to go hiking and keep up with everyone. I love to be in the woods and hiking, but at my current fitness level, I can't.
4. To lose enough weight that I can have the skin surgery, no extra skin hanging around for me!! DH has already agreed to that and a breast reduction, I can't wait!!
5. Follow a healthier lifestyle. I have a hard time with food. I love good food and I'm not saying I can't have it, but I need to learn portion control and moderation!!
6. To have a better selection of clothes in the styles that I like. Most of the styles I like do not come in my size. So I decided that I'm thrift shopping till I reach my goal and have my surgery, then I'm going on a shopping spree!!! DH also agreed to this!!
7. To keep up a physical fitness routine. It is proven that working out helps with depression and it really helps mine. That way maybe I can get off of some of these medications.
8. To feel attractive again for me and for DH. I know I'll have scars from the surgery, but I'm not worried about that.
9. To show my kids that it can be done. Even with chronic illnesses. You can overcome any obstacle, if you really put your mind to it.
10. To show myself I can do it. And to fit back into the pants I once wore a long time ago. I saved one outfit (the rest I saved in plastic garbage bags and it's been 10 years, so they didn't make it....) and I want to be able to at least put it on!! I have my goal dress that I got at a thrift store, I plan on getting smaller than it but it is my first goal.
These are not by far all of my reasons, but I'm really tired and these are the first ones that came to mind!