Today has been a very long day and it isn't over (unfortunately). I did not sleep last night. I might have dropped off for a little while, but not long. After tossing and turning all night, I got up at 5 am and decided to stay awake. Because I was up and hadn't slept, I was hungry, so I decided to have coffee and breakfast and go without Communion at church this morning. That doesn't happen a lot for me, so I figured this would be a one-time deal. I made breakfast and was so tired, but not sleepy. I watched TV until 8:30 am when it was time to get ready for church. I was at church so early that Matins hadn't started yet, and I am usually late and miss all of Matins. It was nice to be there for the whole service for once. I told myself that if I got too sleepy, I would go home. But I managed to stay awake and didn't even fall asleep during the sermon! Considering my lack of sleep, I consider that a huge success!
After coffee hour and lunch, I had planned on going to REI to pick up new walking shoes. But there was a problem. In my lack of sleep, I had been playing around with the settings on my phone in the middle of the night. I tried to set my phone on a power setting mode, but that backfired as the phone gave me the spinning circle of death and wouldn't let me restart it or move away from the settings screen. I didn't know if my alarm would go off this morning because of it, so I think that's one of the reasons I didn't sleep. Of course, this morning, the alarm did go off, but because of the spinning circle of death, I couldn't actually turn off the alarm. So I left the phone at home to go to church and said it'll either fix itself or the battery will run out of power and that will fix it.
REI is about 30-40 miles from where I live, so I wasn't keen on driving that far without a phone in case something happened to the car while I was driving-- isn't that the original intention of cell phones? I agreed to give my friend Brianna a ride home from church and mentioned this to her and she, being the doll she is, said yes that she and her working phone would go with me. I said I would buy her an ice cream to thank her and she said that was even better! So we drove to the next county over where the REI is and I'm glad I did. I was able to talk to the clerk and he recommended a good pair of shoes for me based on my walking habits and they were in my price range.
Ignore the litter box in the background!
I think they are a pretty color too along with being comfy. They are a blue-gray with tan. I am going to try them out for my walk tonight. I will take my old shoes in the car with me in case they rub wrong. And REI has a one year returns policy which is one of the reasons I wanted to shop there.
Brianna and I got Dairy Queen then we came home. I found that my cell phone battery had discharged, so I charged it and restarted it and it is back to working normally. I had planned to take it to a repair shop tomorrow but I don't think it's necessary. I just now know not to play with those particular settings unless I am around someone more savvy than I am.
I only had one piece of homework to do when I got home-- the midterm quiz for Management. It was very easy-- only 15 questions. I got a perfect score on it. We could do it as many times as we needed to to get an A, but I am pleased that I only had to do it once. I wanted to read for class tonight, but I am feeling really tired now. I am just planning to go for a walk, have some dinner, and head to bed. Hopefully I will sleep tonight.
1) There is a Zumba class at the gym at 8:30 pm tomorrow. I have never done Zumba before and I am going to try it. They have classes during the day, but I am not a morning person when they usually are, so I think an evening one will be good for me. Wish me luck!
2) Work on chapters 7 and 8 for Business Law.
3) Work on chapter 7 for Management and start reading the management book I bought that should help me with the term paper.
4) Change the sheets and finish putting the laundry away.
Today I'm Grateful For...
1) My friend Brianna.
2) I had a nice conversation with my accountant friend, Teddy, after church today. We talked about job options, the types of classes I should take, if I should start working towards the CPA exam sooner rather than later, networking, getting references, etc. It was good to hear some ideas from someone who's been working at it for 4 years. He is almost done with the CPA exams.
3) That I have nice new shoes.
4) That perfect score! What a nice end to the homework of the week.