"Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world." (Lao Tzu)
Hello, my lovely friends!
Welcome to a brand-new month and new possibilities are waiting for all of us. I’ve been thinking about my goals for a little over a week now and I’m ready to get things on track. What are your goal for the month?
1. Healthy breakfast ~ it’s the most important meal of the day, right? Some days I will have a simple healthy breakfast, but most days I cook a big breakfast. This month my goal is to have a healthy breakfast and more smoothies in the morning. At one point I was having a smoothie daily and losing weight. I’m going to try and have a smoothie every other day this month.
2. Cut down on the sugar ~ I always talk about how I don’t have a sweet tooth and prefer savory things and that is true. However, this past month the sweet tooth has kicked in and those two pounds that I put on are the result of that. If I’m going to have something sweet this month, I would rather have fruit than a piece of pie or cake.
3. Get that makeup organized ~ I have the new cases for my makeup and now I just need to go through everything and get it organized. I also need to go through all my nail polishes to see what is good and put up a new organizer for that.
4. Deep clean the kitchen ~ I’ve been trying to organize and deep clean the house with not much success, but maybe I need to just pick one room and get it done. I’m choosing the kitchen to start because it’s the most used room in the house. I want to clean the blinds and windows as well.
5. Start going through all my dad’s things for the garage ~ when my Dad died, I got all his tools and other things he used to fix things around the house. I really have no clue what I have because some things are in boxes and I haven’t gone through them. I want to start organizing the garage and know what I have.
6. Friday night movie ~ we need to start doing something for fun and we both enjoy watching movies. I want to make it special and have some popcorn. This is something that we can relax and enjoy for a couple of hours.
Those are the goals for the month and pretty doable. Let’s have a successful July.