Goals & Gratitude 6/3/19
Monday, June 03, 2019
I'm back from vacation! I had such a good time. On Friday, I arrived and met my host family, and then went for dinner at Peter's parents' house. On Saturday, Peter and I went out to lunch at Hapy's (yes, that's spelled right), a restaurant owned by some of the parishioners of his church. It's named after and Egyptian god and specializes in Mediterranean food. I had the lamb sandwich and it was amazing. Then we went to the Greek fest at the local Greek Orthodox Church. We met up with friends of Peter's and picked up dinner and walked around. It was nice to be at a Greek fest that I wasn't working at. In the evening, we went to a choir concert. Peter is in the local community choir and it was a wonderful concert. On Sunday we went to church, then we drove north a ways and Peter's choir performed again. They had a party after the concert and we went to that. I'm not a big party person, but it was nice. In the evening I sat and talked for a while with my host family. I was up at 4:15 this morning to get to the train to head back to L.A. It was lovely!
I didn't watch what I ate the last four days, though I did a walk in one day. I wanted to walk the other days, but there was no time really. So tomorrow I'm back to eating healthy and getting my walks in.
One highlight is a new mystery series that I started, the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear. My host mom, Prudy, recommended it to me and gave me two books, #3 and #4 in the series. I bought the first one on my Nook and I'm halfway through it. Both Roy and Prudy are readers, and it was nice to sit and talk about books that I read with people who read them too.
1) Start my final project for Financial Statement Analysis.
2) Read the final chapter for Cost Accounting. Seriously this class can't be over soon enough!
3) Go to the grocery store.
3) Head to church for liturgy in the evening.
Today I'm Grateful For...
1) A relaxing train ride back. Amtrak is cheaper than driving, it was quiet in my car, and I sat and read and napped and listened to music the whole 6 hours back.
2) That I got home nice and early (3 pm).
3) That I was able to scrounge up dinner without going out or going to the store.