Goals & Gratitude 5/15/19
Thursday, May 16, 2019
I heard from my Cost Accounting professor this morning. He said the multiple choice were worth 1 point each, and the fill-in-the-blank were worth 5 points each. There were 5 fill-in-the-blank and 25 multiple choice, so 50 points total. I got 18 multiple choice correct and 3 fill-in-the-blank correct for a total of 33 points out of 50 points, which is a 66%. That's better than I expected. He may also curve it a little based on how the whole class did. If he did, my grade will move up a little bit more. I'm happy with that. I can still pull off a C- if I keep working hard. I did half the homework for this week's two chapters. I'm hoping to be done by Saturday with the homework and Sunday with the quizzes. I have plenty of work for my other classes, too. I have a midterm for my other accounting class which I started today and I got about halfway done. I hope to be done with that by Friday night. I have a large research paper to do for Business Ethics, too. I was reading journal articles for it today, but the articles I was reading weren't very helpful, so I need to go back to the library tomorrow and look for some different articles. My goal is to get all the articles read by next Monday night so that I can spend some good time next week writing the paper. Lots to do this week and weekend!
My church is having its annual Greek Fest this weekend. We are not Greek Orthodox, though we are Orthodox. We are Antiochian, which is the Arabic strain of Orthodox, but Greek Orthodox is more well-known to Americans which is why we have a Greek Fest. We will have gyros, feta fries, Greek salad, loukoumades (the little honey ball cookies), spanikopita (spinach pie), and baklava, along with coffee and alcohol (bring on the uzo!). I usually work in the gyro booth, but it was so hot in there last year I nearly fainted. This year I am working either in the coffee booth or the pastry booth, depending on where they need me. It will be a busy day for sure. I will have to leave early so I can do some homework in the evening, but I'm glad I'll be able to help in the morning.
1) Work on part 1 of the Cost Accounting homework and the Financial Statement Analysis midterm.
2) Work on doing research for my Business Ethics paper and email my professor about the change in the bibliography.
3) Clean the bathroom. I've been trying to do that all week!
4) Cook something for dinner.
Today I'm Grateful For...
1) Air conditioning. It got really hot last night and I turned in on for the first time last night at midnight.
2) That we had Family Night at church tonight. Father talked about good ways to use your cell phone without being an addict to it.
3) That the weather was much cooler today. I shouldn't need the A.C. tonight.