It's been almost seven months now since my back surgery. While I've been doing great in some areas, here is an area I need to improve in - and fast.
What has been going well:
- Consistency with exercise
I've been walking a lot, sometimes doing inside walking workouts, and doing strength training back workouts. In fact, I might be overdoing the latter (at least 30 minutes per day, and my back gets sore so I will make that 3-4 times per week now).
- Pursuing other goals, especially studying. I've passed two exams in the past 3 months and am getting ready to look for a job in another 3 months, when I pass all of them.
Area that could use some (major) improvement:
- Eating within my calorie range!
I've been struggling so much with this one. Maybe it's fear of failure, sometimes I convince myself that losing weight is somehow "too hard" so I might as well eat anything I want. Which brings me here, not having lost any weight since the surgery.
- Track, track, track my food daily and not overeat. This is majorly important because losing weight will help me with my back issues over time. Reminding myself of my why, and also of the fact that I lost 35 pounds 7 years ago, so I have proof that I can in fact do this!
- Keep my mindset positive
- Keep the focus on my goals, and keep up the great work where I'm doing well.