March Summary: More Hiking & Walking Than Running
Friday, April 12, 2019
Mileage Goal of 12 miles per week is based on miles I run or jog (with short walk breaks).
Week 1: 3.35mi. - a funeral in wintry weather and travel
Week 2: 2.04mi. - hosting a house guest, plenty of social walks and a beautiful hike in Zion
Week 3: 7.27mi. - no reasons for low mileage
Week 4: 11.29mi. - getting close to goal
Week 5: 8.72mi. - travel for pleasure, lots of walking and several long hikes near Santa Fe
1. HIIT 4X4s: 3 of 5
2. Speedwork: 4 of 5
3. Hillwork: 2 of 5
4. Long Run: 0 of 5 But I'm counting 3 long hikes as substitute workouts
5. Crosstraining: 3 of 10
6. Strength Training 2 of 10
* I'm increasing my treadmill speed when doing my high intensity 4 minute intervals.
* My feet are feeling great after a 10 minute warm-up (banishing the arthritic aches).
* I'm increasing the duration of jogging between walk breaks on my long runs.
Areas to refocus on in April:
Get in those weekly long runs.
As always, make time for strength training
- stop substituting more cardio - channel my inner trainer's voice.