Reading about other Sparkers' goals for the year...
Tuesday, January 08, 2019
...makes me realize that I haven't set any goals myself. Well, there's no time like the present. I'm keeping mine very modest to start. I will:
1. Start tracking consistently - food and exercise
2. Create an exercise plan that I can follow
3. Take my list of meals and enter them in Spark
And that's enough for now.
1. Automatic pilot operational mode. (I rush blindly from work to home, etc. without planning.)
2. Times to track not scheduled. (When I get to it...means "occasionally or never")
3. Taking charge of this specific human being. (I really do run the show, though I don't own it)
4. And finally, simplify!!!
Scheduling a specific time to track food in my planner.
Stopping to consider my mantra: "what can I do differently today?"
Continue objective self observation of my habits.
Practice self-compassion again.
I've been laying low. I'm just recovering from a cold/flu combo, or cold with chills and fever. I haven't been sick in over a year. I used to get chronic sinusitus, sinus headaches, and frequent colds that would turn into bronchitis. Since I changed my diet to primarily plant based, these have vanished. Not trying to sell this as a lifestyle, just reporting the facts as I see 'em. I am wondering if indulging in sugary treats over the holidays affected my immune system? Back to basics: fruit, veggies, beans, tofu, tempeh, salads, whole grains. Seems to work for me.
Here's wishing all a very happy, healthy New 2019!!