Saturday, December 15, 2018
One of the tasks in the Winter 5% Challenge is to list 10 reasons I want to lose weight. I wrote them there for the team, but I'm copying them here so I can check them out periodically. I'm at goal weight but would like to lose up to five more pounds. I've been working out at the gym regularly - something I need more than weight loss. The only other blog I've written for SP was exactly three years ago, and I am surprised at how similar it is to where I am today.
My 10 reasons to lose a little more weight and get more fit!
1. I can walk further more easily.
2. My clothes will fit better.
3. I'll be stronger in many ways.
4. I can keep teaching without tiring out so much.
5. I can continue traveling without wearing out.
6. I will stay healthier overall.
7. I can continue to stay away from meds.
8. I can swim easier and longer in my pool.
9. I can live longer.
10. I want to like how I look in my clothes.
I'm happy I took the time to think about this today! I've been on sabbatical this fall semester and will be getting back to the classroom in January, plus I will be department chair for the next seven months and I need the energy to keep going. I'm a healthy and energetic 84-year-old and I plan to stay that way as long as possible.