24. Remember other people's birthdays
Some say that as a person ages,birthdays are less important. I think the opposite. We are so very blessed for this day and every birthday that comes. Celebrate!
You may know Dave and I started our birthday counts over at 50, so this year we are happily 10 and 15. Keeps my mind thinking that I feel closer to 10 than 60! It helps.
I no longer make cakes for all my loved ones as once was my tradition. I send out cards to my Grandchildren (I'm sure it's probably the only one they get in this day and age) and do my best to call and acknowledge family and friends.
Here is something - today 10.13.18 Paul Simon turns 77. I've been enjoying his greatest hits album this morning. Is your favorite there? He is one of those magical song writers that I wonder about and find myself lovingly, randomly, remembering his songs. They don't get so much play time anymore.
And my last word on birthdays, IMHO the best ever birthday party song:
1. Sing in the shower
2. Treat everyone you meet the way you want to be treated
3. Watch a sunrise at least once a year
4. Leave the toilet seat in the down position
5. Strive for excellence, not perfection
6. Plant a tree on your Birthday
7. Learn three clean jokes.
8. Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full.
9. Compliment three people everyday
10. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them
11. Leave everything a little better than you found it
12. Keep it simple
13. Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures
14. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know
15. Floss your teeth
16. Ask for a raise when you feel you've earned it
17. Be forgiving of yourself and others
18. Overtip breakfast waitresses
19. Say "Thank you" a lot
20. Say "Please" a lot
21. Avoid negative people
22. Buy whatever kids are selling on card tables in their front yards
23. Wear polished shoes