Thursday, September 06, 2018
My recipe for Mexican Casserole
-Can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
-16oz of 80/20 ground beef
-Sm. Can of black olives
-Can of refried beans
- Sm. bag of shredded Gruyère cheese
-Lrg bag of Queso quesadilla cheese
-Frozen bag of Organic Corn (1/2)
-Frozen bag of chopped spinach (1/2)
-Onions ( about 1/2 lrg, mine were previously frozen)
-4 TBSP sugar
(About 2TBSP of each seasoning)
1) Defrost Spinach (I microwaved it for 4min)
2) In a Lrg skillet combine G. Beef, onions, frozen corn and spices. Cook on Med-high heat. (Don't break up the meat yet.)
3) While that's heating take a long glass baking dish and cover the bottom with the tortillas (I tore mine to make sure the entire bottom was covered.)
4) Spread beans on top of torn tortillas. (Gentle is best or it can get messy!)
5) Sprinkle G. Cheese over all the beans, repeat with Q. Cheese. Sprinkle (1/2 can) olives.
6) Break up meat in skillet & mix it all together. Add in the spinach.
7) Place another layer of tortillas on top of beans & cheese, spinkled more cheese.
8) Continue to stir meat mix until meat is all browned. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9) Put meat mix layer on tortillas and cheese.
10) Add cheese (sprinkle) add top layer of tortillas, spinkled with cheese.
11)) slide into oven. Set timer for 15 minutes.
Check on it then and it should be slightly brown
Cut after 2 minutes when it sets.