Day 187 Challenge: Identifying Support Opportunities
Friday, July 13, 2018
List 5 ways that people can support you.
Spend a few minutes thinking about ways that people can help support your healthy changes. Just think about the things you could use help with. Here are some examples of ways people can help:
- The person who shops for groceries in your home could avoid bringing home junk food
- You and a neighbor could swap child care so you can fit in some exercise
- A co-worker could go for walks with you
- A friend or relative could share a healthy recipe
- Anyone can praise you and tell you that you're doing a good job!
Why It Matters:
When asking people for help with reaching a healthier weight, it's important to be specific. Friends, family, or co-workers may want to support you, but without clear direction from you, they might not know what to do. By making a short list of things people can do, you focus on the specific things you need to succeed.
DH supports me thru our dietary choices
My online groups support me by sharing nutrition and fitness ideas
My friends support me through listening and praise
DH encourages me - sometimes pushes - to engage in exercise
DH is always scheduling physical activities
I’ll enjoy reading about your results in the below comments !