1. BE ACTIVE: Being a member of the Purple Passion is more than just joining and weighing in once a week.
2. CHALLENGES: One weekly ITC Challenge is required. You can choose Exercise or Food, or do both for more points. They can be modified to fit your level of fitness or your food plan. The total team points are submitted to the Challenge Team Leadership each week. These points are the tie-breaker in weeks where two teams have the same weight loss %.
PTC's or Purple Team Challenges are created by the team leaders. We try to create useful and fun challenges and are always open to your suggestions. The ITCs are set at the beginning of the challenge and cannot be changed but we set the PTCs and can adjust on a weekly basis as requests are made by the team.
3. PARTICIPATION/COMMUNICATION: The minimum participation/communication each week includes:
- Post on the chat thread at least once a week and let us know how you are doing.
- Do a minimum of 60 minutes cardio each week & report it at the weigh-in. This is less than 10 minutes a day. We can help you if you have physical limitations.
- Do a minimum of 30 minutes strength a week & report it at weigh-in. This is 10 minutes a day for 3 days each week. We can help you if you have physical limitations.
- Contact one team member each week, either on their page or with a goodie or a comment on a blog.
- Check your spark mail for Purple Passion e-mails at least once a week.
- Encourage and support your teammates and be prepared to be encouraged and supported. This means your page has to be open for people to visit.
- When you weigh-in on Thursday, check out the challenges for that week, so you know if you need to check in more often in case it is a whole team challenge.
4. WEIGH IN - You must weigh-in by midnight your time every Thursday. If you need to weigh in earlier you may do so. If you cannot weigh in on time, you need to let us know so you can be marked as excused. Two unexcused missed weigh-ins in a row and you will be dropped from an active status to honorary and your stats will no longer count for the team. This is a Biggest Loser rule and must be followed.
This is a ten week challenge. Invites will start going out this Thursday, May 17th. Initial team weight is due Thursday, June 7th. The challenge will run through Thursday, August 2nd (final weigh-in). Before we officially start, we will run a few of pre-start challenges for those who want to participate.
There are the dates for the Summer Challenge:
5/17/2018 - Invites for the Summer Challenge go out; Pre-Challenge Week 1 Starts
5/24/2018 - Pre-Challenge Week 2 Starts
5/31/2018 - Pre-Challenge Week 3 Starts
6/07/2018 - Weights due for Summer Challenge
6/14/2018 - Week 1
6/21/2018 - Week 2
6/28/2018 - Week 3
7/05/2018 - Week 4
7/12/2018 - Week 5
7/19/2018 - Week 6
7/26/2018 - Week 7
8/02/2018 - Week 8
8/09/2018 - Week 9
8/16/2018 - Week 10 - Final Weigh In