An Absolutely Stellar Day - Visited Endocrinologist & Retinologist
Thursday, May 17, 2018
This was a really spectacular day health wise:
1. Visit with endocrinologist - 6 months ago I weighed 276, today I weighed in at 227.
2. Hemoglobin A1c was 7.2, today it was 6.4!
3. When I started using the insulin pump, I was using 90units per day. After the 200 pound weight loss, I was down to 67 units per day. Now I only use 15 units daily.
4. Dr Bob asked if I wanted to try getting off insulin! I will take metformin after this cartridge runs out.
5. My thyroid med was reduced another 25mg down to 150mg - I started at 225mg.
Then I went to the retinologist:
1. Internal eye pressure was a normal 14 in each eye.
2. No new "bleeders" and everything looks very quite and resolved. Retina was nicely attached to the back of the eye.
3. All previous problem areas seem to be fully resolved.
I am enormously pleased with these outcomes!
A couple of my nurse friends in the Diabetes Education Program were quite amazed that I was able to be taken off insulin, "Carl, do you know how rare that is?"