Tuesday, May 01, 2018
If you haven't tried positive self-talk, give it a shot.
Last night, I leaned over my bathroom counter, looked myself in the eye, and said, "Look. You can do this. I know you're intimidated, and I know it's going to be a lot of work. But when have you ever backed down from a challenge? Just get moving. I know you can."
It was cathartic for me. Just looking myself in the eye, watching my facial expressions change, and seeing the hope there gave me strength to face today.
In the car on my way to work today, I turned off the radio and listed out loud the good decisions I made over the previous 24 hours:
* Tracking food
* Paying attention to nutrition instead of blindly eating whatever I grabbed
* Being brave enough to return to taekwondo
* Cleaning the kitchen after dinner because an orderly kitchen makes me feel better
* Planning meals and snacks and knowing that I was within range
* Eating red peppers at 9:00 as a snack instead of potato chips
* Drinking 8 glasses of water
* Spending time in the spring sunshine on a gorgeous day
If I can continue to focus on and celebrate every good decision I'm making, then good decisions will become contagious.
Good decisions so far today:
* Wholesome meals planned and tracked
* Creating something cool for my students to use in class
* Drinking water while I got ready for work
* Got on Sparkpeople while eating breakfast
I'm going to be okay.