Today I weigh about 155 pounds. My maintenance range is 142-146. Why do I really want to get back down to this weight? Inspired by a Sparkpeople article, here is my list:
1. I have about 10 beautiful pairs of pants in my closet that used to fit me but don't now.
2. I'm tired of avoiding dressing rooms.
3. I will take pride in my appearance feel good about myself.
4. Eating healthier and exercising will create a better environment for my family.
5. My cholesterol is back within healthy limits, and I'd like to keep it that way.
6. I'll do whatever it takes to avoid cancer and other conditions that would take me away from my kids.
7. I want to rock a bikini!
8. I want to feel fit, not old and slow.
9. I want my children to feel proud when they introduce me to their friends.
10. I don't want to end up as the butt of student jokes.
11. People won't say, "She looks good for having kids/for her age."
12. I need to get hold of my emotions and avoidance issues.
13. I want to feel confident about myself when my husband heralds other women at our martial arts school who are doing great things.
14. I want to impress people with my own martial arts skills instead of being mediocre.
15. I like challenges.
16. I want to run a 5k again.
17. I'm tired of being tired.
18. I have co-workers who, in the four years they've known me, have never seen me at my target weight.
19. I used to have a reputation for being fit -- not anymore. I want this back.
20. I want to be an inspiration.
21. I want to be able to say, "I wasn't happy so I did something about it."
Link the the article where I found my inspiration: