5% Challenge Reflection
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
One of the overall leaders of the 5% challenges has challenged us to write out our thoughts in blog form today
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. Why did I join this challenge? For those who are experienced travelers, why do I return?
I've been participating in these challenges since Fall 2011. These challenges help give me the accountability that I need to keep my focus and to continue to become a healthier me. I have made many friends that have helped me through this journey.
Think about Week 1:
1. Am I satisfied with my finish? Yes. I am happy to say that although I lost just .02 – since I am in maintenance mode it is even harder to maintain or lose.
2. Did I participate to the best of my ability? I think I did. I am the EL/Motivational leader for the Teddy Bear team and this is keeping me quite busy but very fulfilling. I get to visit my team members’ pages and learn about them. I am also trying to motivate and help with the team’s overall moral.
3. Did I read and take advantage of the fun activities my Leaders work hard to provide for me? I don't participate too much because as a Leader for the Teddy Bears I am constantly trying to check up on the members and it takes up quite a bit of time. However, I will occasionally check them out and play along.
4. Did I read a blog, visit a page or send a Goodie to someone on my team? Absolutely! Most certainly do this various times a day. Trying to build up our team spirit! Every person on the team is an individual with different situations and aiming to accomplish their goal!!
5. How can I improve during Week 2, and 3, and ... until final weigh-in? Regarding my personal exercise (goals) I think I can always do more. I still need to make more “ME” time and put in some strength training to help me with my goal.
Regarding my role as EL Leader there is always room for improvement. This is the first time I am in this role as a leader and it is very satisfying but I just hope I can continue to help and motivate my teammates.
On why people decide to participate fully or not, I can only speak from my own personal experience. Life gets in the way and we decide what we need to do. We can choose to give up or we can decide to take time, re-focus and start again. We just need to remember that this is for “YOU” – Number 1. If you are not happy you can’t spread that happiness to others. Every person on the team is an individual with different situations and aiming to accomplish their goal!!
I strongly recommend the 5% challenges if you want to be part of a great group of people with the same goals in mind and some of the same struggles.